12 December 2012

Why my heart is so full...

Since Le Magnifique was launched back in October 2011, I've had my share of ups and downs. There were times when I really enjoyed what I was doing and there were times when I just broke down and wanted to quit. I felt so alone in this world of wedding blogging. I didn't know anyone. I wasn't making money off this blog and it wasn't my intention to. I didn't even start to charge for advertising space until LM's first "birthday". So money wasn't driving this blog - it wasn't driving me. I started blogging because I saw a void, or what I felt was a void in the blogging industry. I wanted to create a blog that shared more than just pretty weddings. I wanted to share amazing photographs, beautiful love, wonderful and in-love couples. Anyone who knows me can tell you that while I may love complex and over the top things, I prefer simplicity. My wedding was simple. My engagement party was simple. My baby shower was simple. Too much decor freaks me out and will give me an anxiety attack (just kidding... maybe). So while I may really love a wedding that is filled to the brim with details, ultimately, a simple and pretty wedding with gorgeous photographs of the couple will do enough to make my heart happy.

This blog would not be around without all the amazing photographers who have submitted to me. It wouldn't. And because of all these photographers, I decided that I wanted to do a little something special for them - I decided to put together a list of 15 wedding photographers who I feel go above and beyond, who are active in their businesses, who push to be the best of the best, whom I have formed friendships with, whom have been sweet and kind (and so many other things). It was definitely hard to narrow down the list because I wanted everyone on there. But there had to be some exclusivity.

So after weeks and weeks of preparation and hard work, Le Magnifique's Top 15 Wedding Photographers to watch out for in 2013 was born. I revealed the list last night and have been in such amazement seeing all the love these photographers were being given by their friends, families, and fans.  I'm not sure I could have picked a better group of photographers for 2013. I'm truly so excited to watch and follow these photographers over the next year. Cannot wait to see what's in store for them!

Some of the photographers have already posted about this list on their blogs! Be sure to check them out :)



Other things that have recently made my heart really full:

// My maternity shoot with Valentina Glidden. We've become such great friends over the past year and am so thankful for her friendship AND these beautiful photos she took of me and my babies bump :) See the whole shoot HERE.

// Hearing that several photographers have received bookings because they were seen on LM! Wow!!!

//The two little boys growing inside of me:
12.07.12 // 25 weeks

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig