09 April 2013

Australian Wedding by Mary-Jane Photography


"To begin, a story of how we met: Joseph and I met through my best Friend Lavinia. Lavinia and I met at a New Years Eve Function at the age of 16 after I moved from interstate. Joseph would have been 14 at the time and looked like such a fresh face. Over the years I had become close to their family and even considered their house my second home. Joseph would often service my car for me after he sought some qualifications in high school. I would joke that he was the "Brother I never had". At the age of 21 Joseph asked to come along to a church service with someone he knew and I agreed that he could come along with me. It is in that time that our love for each other blossomed. We would go out for dinner or desert after the service and really get to know each other's interests. Joseph made his intentions known after a few weeks telling me that if he were to date me "He would be dating me to marry me". It took me several months to decide whether we would work as a couple, due to a friendship with his sister being on the line if things were to turn sour. After much soul searching and seeking of insight it was clear to me that we were meant for each other. On a beautiful summers evening walking past the Art Gallery I told Joseph of my intentions...that was of dating him. 3 years later walking past the same Art Gallery Joseph proposed to me and made me the happiest woman on the planet. We have been married since Feb 2012. Even though our marriage is 'young' I am thankful every day that the 'man up stairs' has got my back and made a way for me which is greater than anything I could have hoped for myself. Our Wedding Day on the 12th of February 2012 in Adelaide, South Australia: We were married at Flinder's Street Baptist Church, Adelaide, South Australia a quaint and pretty little church. I knew as soon as I stepped into the church that we would be married there. It felt right. The reception was at The Festival Function Centre in Findon, Adelaide, South Australia. A newly renovated centre that has lovely organza draping and twinkle lights draped into the centre of the room highlighting a beautiful crystal chandelier in the centre. I would describe our wedding day as being vintage inspired with a general aura of love and of peace. The photographer we commissioned was a complete blessing. Mary-Jane Photography & Design was professional but fun. MJ made the entire day stress-free, pleasant and at the same time capturing the most breathtaking photographs of ourselves and family. Couples expect that on their wedding day they will be left with some of the exquisite photographs of themselves and that is exactly what Mary-Jane delivered! We couldn't have asked for more. From the moment I woke up to get ready for our big day I felt a real sense of peace about the whole day. The girls and I got ready and left the house on time. We then arrived at the church and the ceremony was heart warming. I will always remember the way I felt holding the hand of my husband to be whilst we made one of the greatest commitments of our life. From then on the rest of the day went on smoothly. We went onto take our photographs at the Adelaide Botanical Gardens where we were fortunate to have the lush sights of the gardens to take in - I felt like I was in an enchanted garden the entire time. One of my favourite moments was when we pulled out my china set and us girls had a mini tea party while the boys were sipping on their Cola. Why not have a spot of tea on your wedding day?! We then moved onto the reception where the Jazz Band played their classic tunes well into the night. Oh such fun we had!" -Bride & Groom


Photography - Mary-Jane Photography // Dress - Pronovias // Shoes - Zoe Wittner //  Florist - Blooming // Bridal Hair - Ninettes // Make up - Larissa Jones and Lavinia Vancia (freelance make up artists) // Bridesmaids dresses - Light in the Box // Suits - Peter Shearer // Church - Flinders St. Baptist // Reception - Festival Function Centre // Cars - PK Limousines


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig