26 June 2013

UCI University Club Wedding by Valentina Glidden Photography


From the bride & groom: Our wedding day was absolutely amazing. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. Our theme was vintage/rustic, which we incorporated burlap, lace, and used baby's breath for the flowers. The vision we had for our big day was simple but elegant. Our color scheme included tan and mint green. The best part of the wedding was our ceremony for myself "The Bride" was walking down the aisle with my father and having him give me away. It was so emotional for me seeing how emotional Brent truly made me fall more in love with him. The bridesmaids and I spent our morning/afternoon getting ready for the big day. I wasn’t nervous at all until the moment our coordinator said to my father and I that it was time, I felt as if my feet couldn’t move, all my emotions hit at once. My father was talking me out of crying as we began our walk down towards my handsome groom. Brent said he was pretty calm throughout the day until the groomsman and bridesmaid walked down the aisle; his anticipation of waiting for me was getting overwhelming. Once he saw me walking down the aisle in my wedding dress, he was trying to hold back all the tears. During our ceremony we used "Cord of Three Strands" instead of the traditional unity candle. The symbolization of the "Cord of Three Strands" is the joining of one man, one woman, and God into a marriage relationship. It comes from the passage in Ecclesiastes 4:12 "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." We loved what the "Cord of Three Strands" illustrated and now we have it in a shadow box as a keepsake and remind us of what our marriage is all about. The entrance to our reception was amazing. All the groomsman and bridesmaids had a specific walkout song that they danced too. All did an amazing dance for their introduction. We walked out to loud cheers and showed off some awesome dance moves. We went straight in to our first dance, which was a bit of a tearjerker and then had the father daughter dance then the mother son dance. Both were beautiful. We were able to sit for a bit and eat, and then were able to get back onto the dance floor. We danced the night away with all the guests and truly had the most amazing time. We loved everything about our wedding and couldn’t have asked for anything more.


VENDORS:Photography: Valentina Glidden Photography // Venue: UCI University Club // Wedding Dress: Group USA // Bridesmaids Dresses: Etsy // Florals: Ambiance Designs // Hair Stylist: Becky Goss // Make-up: Ali Polin // Invitations: Etsy // Wedding Cake: The Bakers Oven // Wedding Coordinator: Class Touch Events


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig