26 February 2014

St. James Winery Wedding

About the wedding: "My inspiration for the wedding was to include romantic and personal touches. If I had to put a label on our wedding, it would be “romantic garden party.” There were also some rustic touches. I also used a lot of things that I knew I could reuse once the wedding was over because I didn't want to waste. 

It was important to both Jon and myself to be able to spend time with everyone at our wedding. We wanted to visit and enjoy that time with our friends and family before we left for Houston. About 10% of our guest list was local. Nearly every guest at our wedding was from out of state. Mississippi, Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, and Florida. Spending time with people who came so far was our goal. 

The quilt with the name “Elsie” on it was made by my great great grandmother. Jon and I love the name, and have already said if we ever have a little girl, we will name her Elsie. The handkerchiefs wrapped around the bridesmaids bouquets were hand stitched by me with “A+J” for keepsakes. The arbor and faux wall were all made from scrap barn wood by my dad. The handkerchief invitations were designed by me, but brought to life by a friend of mine."


Their love story: "I met Jon how I meet so many people who come to play important roles in my life; in the salon. I had just started working as a hair stylist in my first salon and Jon had just moved to Rolla for a “fresh start” at a new school. I’d like to think the luck of us being paired together for his first hair cut was divinely appointed. We instantly became friends. I thought his accent was adorable, and he recalls leaving his first appointment with me thinking “Now that’s the kind of girl you could marry.” We stayed friends over the next four years. Once Jon graduated and moved to Texas for his job, we had kind of gone our separate ways. One year after he moved, he was sent back to Rolla for a business meeting. He called while he was in town to see if I would like to have lunch. I had lost all of his contact information after he moved, and coincidentally had been trying to contact him for four months prior to that phone call, so I was a bit shocked to hear from him that day. Jon showed up on my door to pick me up, and when I opened the door, I immediately felt something I had never felt before. I had butterflies and was instantly lost in conversation. The lunch went by far too fast, and then he was gone. Eight months later, I sent Jon a random e-mail just checking in, and we just decided to go for it. I knew I would marry him when he said to me one night that a certain scripture came to mind when he thought about me, which was “ Who can find a virtuous woman? for her worth is far above rubies. Jon didn't know this, but for months, through the uncertainties in my own life, I had been praying this scripture over myself, and praying to someday find a man that would not only recognize those things in me, but value their meaning as I did. 

Photographer: Lindsey Pantaleo // Shoes: Badgley Mischka // Floral Designer: Blossom Basket Florist // Caterer: Celebrations Catering // Dress Designer: Chaviano Couture // Cake Designer: Heavenly Divine Cakes // Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Joesph A Banks // Heirlooms and extras: Love Ophelia // Bridesmaid Dresses: ModCloth // Jewelry: Twigs and Honey // Event Venue: St. James Winery // Submitted via Two Bright Lights

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig