05 March 2012

A Chicago Vintage Styled Shoot by Kina Wicks Photography

My heart just sings for styled and inspirational shoots. This particular vintage styled shoot just made my heart sing a little more. It's a DIY shoot that Kina Wicks, the photographer, put together for under $300! Check out what she had to say about this shoot:

"I wanted to create a winter wedding look because obviously, it's a look that's utilized here in the midwest!  I also really have a passion for budget and DIY weddings since that was ME when I got married (low budget!!) and I wish at that time I knew more about maximizing stuff like that.  My desire was to create a look from mostly vintage finds and make the rest myself.  I sewed the lace dress from a pattern I found at Hobby Lobby and modified it to fit the image in my head.  The fur wrap was also hand sewn and the gloves and shoes were from one of my favorite antique shops in Hammond, Indiana, It's Just Serendipity.  Leticia of Eye Candy Glam helped me create the soft palette I wanted on Esther's face... an innocent yet sultry look.  The hair was inspired by the softened pompadours that were coming in the 1940s.  The pom pom bouquet was detailed in a tutorial on Ruffled.com and was a BLAST to create!  I never knew pom pom makers were so addicting. The whole look was created for under $300 :)"


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig