16 January 2013

Rustic Parker Ranch Wedding by Jessica Holley Photography


An adorable Southern California rustic DIY wedding by Jessica Holley Photography graces the front page of the blog this morning. This wedding is full of personality and details that I just absolutely love and adore. Be sure to check out all their images for loads of inspiration!

From Jessica Holley: I first met Sarah & Christian years ago in high school. I was so thrilled when Sarah asked me to photograph their wedding and we had the chance to reconnect. A few months ago we met up at Parker Ranch and spent a couple of hours taking their engagement photos. It was then that I knew I had hit the jackpot! Not only are these two naturals in front of the camera but their love was magnetic. They are a true team, best friends and madly in love and nothing makes a photo sparkle quite like that combination!

When I arrived at Sarah’s hotel the day of the wedding, I found a Bride beaming with excitement and love for the man she was about to marry. Through tears and laughter, Sarah & Christian said “I Do”. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house (including me)!

Sarah & Christian’s wedding at Parker Ranch was every rustic Bride’s dream. Their wedding had been in the making for two years, and it showed in all the creative details. From the hanging glass bottles, the DIY photo booth and the handmade swing it was clear that Sarah, Christian and their families poured their hearts into creating a fun and beautiful wedding with loads of personality.


From the couple: In choosing a venue we knew we wanted our wedding to reflect us and our personalities. We wanted everyone to have a fun and relaxing time. I (the bride) spent much of my time on Pinterest and bridal blogs, as most brides do, looking at everything "wedding". I loved the idea of a rustic wedding with votive lit mason jars hanging from trees, lanterns, and white lights strung throughout the tree top canopy.   When we came across Parker Ranch, in Trabuco Canyon, I knew It was the one!  After securing a date the planning began. Parker Ranch is a blank slate so it is truly a D.I.Y. venue where you can have both your ceremony and reception.  We began gathering and making everything that came to create our dream wedding. We couldn't have done it without our families!  My dad made all the centerpiece boxes, runner boxes for the head table and the doors for the ceremony. His dad made our bench swing, and the photo booth area. My mom was responsible for all the little details.  She wrapped the napkins with soft tree bark and hot glued little sunflowers on them, turned ordinary mason jars into a "mason jar wine glass" as favors for all the women in attendance, she hand strung crystal beads onto the chandelier that hung above us at the head table, anything burlap wrapped she made….The list goes on and on.   She also held everything together throughout the whole process acting as the best wedding coordinator I could ever have.  I chose Sunflowers as my flowers because I knew I wanted something simple that would add a pop of color to the natural backdrop of beautiful Oak trees. We got all of our flowers from Trader Joe's two days before the wedding along with some potted arrangements from the local nurseries.  My sister and I made all our bouquet's and she made the gorgeous swag piece on our arch and the boutonniere's.  His sister came down a few days before the wedding to lend a well needed extra set of hands for the busy days before the wedding, and the grooms men strung tons of extra white lights throughout the trees for added ambience.       As far the bridesmaids dresses went I kept it pretty simple. I didn't want anything to look too matchy matchy. I let each girl pick out their own dress. I just wanted it to be ivory and belted to match their boots.  Again, going for a relaxed vibe, I didn't want the guys too dressed up. We opted to loose the jacket and go with dark grey slacks, matching vest, ivory dress shirts, and solid black van's.  I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.  After months of planning the day came and it was amazing!! I know you've heard it before, but it really fly's by so quickly. My advice would be take a moment with your new husband to step aside and really take it all in.  My favorite moment would have to be at the ceremony. The music I so thoughtfully choose was playing as the doors opened. I had a few moments to look down the isle to take in the gorgeous scene we all created and my handsome husband waiting at the end for me. It is something I could relive again and again.

Vendors:
Photography: Jessica Holley Photography // Hotel: Ayres Hotel & Spa // Venue : Parker Ranch, Trabuco Canyon  // Caterer: Avila’s El Ranchito // Florist: The Parents of the Bride, The Sister of the Bride & The Bride // Coordination: Kathy Wannberg, Mother of the Bride // DJ: Music Man Events // Officiant: Rick Yeomans // Hair & Makeup: 19 Blue Hair Salon // Bride's Dress: David's Bridal // Rentals: Signature Party Rentals // Swing & Photo Booth: Father of the Groom // First Dance Song: Johnny Cash, In My Life


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig