06 February 2013

Orange and Pink Wedding by Brooke Images


From the couple: Our wedding was held at White Oak Plantation, an endangered animal conservatory. We decided on this location because we wanted the ceremony and reception to be held outdoors and for it to be located somewhere different, out of the ordinary. I chose the bridesmaids to wear ivory because I was going for a clean and elegant look that highlighted the bright, multiple colors of the flowers. The groomsmen wore paisley purple ties to add some fun and color to their suits. For the guest favors, Allan and I wanted to share something that is important to us that they could have fun with. Inside the boxes, provided by Artistic Florist, included a recipe of our favorite Saturday morning pancakes. Along with the recipe card for Banana chocolate chip pecan pancakes, included a pouch of the dry pancake mix and a small bottle of homemade maple syrup. The guest favors also doubled as table markers letting the guest know which table to sit at. During the reception, the guests had options of either dancing, watching people dance in front of the live band or hanging out around the bon fire where a smores station was set up. One of Allan’s favorite foods is oatmeal. So rather than bird seed or rose petals to throw as we left, we passed out packets of instant oatmeal. With the wedding being in Florida, along the intercoastal waterway, what better way to share with our guests an activity we like to do when we visit Florida? We used my parents’ jet ski as the get away vehicle. The funniest part of the wedding would have to be the garter toss moment. I have very skinny legs so I knew when I was putting on the garter, no matter how high I put it, it would not stay on. Sure enough, after the ceremony while we were taking pictures, it fell off. I quickly picked it up and tucked it in my top. During the reception when Allan went under my dress to get the garter, I grabbed it out of my top and held it there while he searched under my dress for it. The look on his face when he came up and saw me holding it was priceless!

VENDORS:
Photographer:
Floral Designer:
Band:
 The RiverTown Band, LLC
Event Venue:

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig