06 February 2013

Virginia Elopement by Jen + Ashley Photography


With only four weeks to plan, Natalie and Cory put together a perfect, handmade elopement. Complete with a bouquet/boutonniere handmade by the bride, the bride's closest friends in shades of pink, and the prettiest black diamond ring, their wedding was one of the most intimate and beautiful ones I've had the pleasure of photographing. When choosing the venue for their elopement, Natalie knew she wanted something that would always remind her of "home". Summers spent at Yorktown beach, the familiar roads and fields that have made up her life in Virginia...these were the reasons she knew their wedding had to take place at Yorktown Battlefield. Cory lives in Kansas, and Natalie will soon be moving there to join him, so she knew that she always wanted to look back at her wedding photos and feel that warm feeling that can only be described as HOME. They got married at the Surrender Battlefield and what could be more fitting? For when you start a marriage together, you surrender yourself to the other person. It was absolutely beautiful, and we're super excited to share! There were no additional vendors besides us and a family friend officiating... Natalie even did her hair and makeup herself! -Jen + Ashley Photography



From the couple: I chose the Yorktown Battlefields for our elopement because to me, that has always represented "home." I grew up there, spending summers there, and I really wanted to be able to look back on my wedding photos and have that same feeling of HOME. I'm moving to Kansas with Cory at the end of January so it was even MORE important to me that our wedding felt like home to me! My favorite moment was seeing Cory and knowing that we were about to be MARRIED. It was a crazy cold and windy day but none of that mattered when I saw him. Also, we had my son Korben deliver the rings to the officiant and it was so special to include him in the ceremony. He is my world and knowing that we were combining into a new family was amazing! We only had about 4 months to plan, and I'm SO happy with how it all came out. My dress was from JCPenney (go figure!) and all of my girls picked out their own dresses. The most important thing was being surrounded by our closest of close friends and family, so the 15 people that attended was exactly what I wanted. The funniest moment was that we were planning on doing a first look, but when we arrived a few minutes late the officiant wouldn't let us do a First Look! He demanded that we start so we ended up not getting to see each other before the ceremony. Now of course we think it's hilarious! Also, it was SO COLD and all of my friends were in these cute dresses and heels shivering off to the side, but they were total troopers and I'm so thankful to have them in my life. 

VENDORS:
Shoes:
Bridesmaid Dresses:
 Forever 21
Other:
 Yorktown Battlefield
Dress Designer:
 Bisou Bisou
Event Planner:
SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig