24 April 2013

Moon Palace Resort, Cancun Destination Wedding by Hooton Images


From the couple: Brian and I were married in Cancun, Mexico at the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort on October 19, 2012. We were lucky enough to be joined by 45 of our closest friends and family and really couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Brian has always wanted a destination wedding. I, on the other hand, took some convincing. I had always been the girl that dreamed about a big wedding at our local cathedral where my parents had been married. I could always see myself walking down the aisle with all of my friends and family watching. I can honestly say I was not sure I had made the right choice until we arrived at the resort; and now I know I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. I truly believe that a destination wedding was the right decision. When choosing the resort for our wedding, we researched a variety of locations and venues. Originally we wanted to get married in Jamaica at a Sandals resort because we had vacationed there a few years earlier and really enjoyed the people and everything that the resort had to offer. We knew we wanted an all-inclusive resort and the level of excellence and amenities that came with staying at a Sandals resort. With Jamaica being a bit out of the price range that our guests would need to spend, we were introduced to Palace resorts in Mexico. Cancun was a great choice because it was a half-day trip for most, which allowed them to take advantage of their first day at the resort. We were drawn to the Palace resorts because they offered a similar level of excellence as Sandals with tons of restaurants and bars for our guests to enjoy. The most important selling point of Moon Palace was that it offered a beautiful catholic chapel. This gave us the best of both worlds; the chapel was all glass right near the beach, so I got to walk down the aisle of a church in front of our friends and family with the beautiful ocean as the backdrop. Our destination wedding allowed us to enjoy every second of not only our wedding day, but also a few days before and after. We were blessed to have so many people come out and celebrate, and celebrate we did. Most weddings last a day or two, but we had a week of sun and fun honoring our love and if we had to do it again we wouldn’t have it any other way.

VENDORS:Photographers: Hooton Images
Venue: Moon Palace Resort

Brian’s Suit: JCrew
Megan’s Dress: Oleg Cassini from David’s Bridal, but I had a local tailor, My Tailor, in Omaha, NE reconstruct the top of the dressFlowers: Maya Floral
Bridesmaid Dresses: Victoria’s SecretDJ: JSAV provided the sound system and a technician to work the equipment and we used our own playlist
Décor for Both the Chapel and the Reception: Zuniga Productions (through the resort)Ceremony Harpist: Moon Palace Resort
Food & Bar: Moon Palace Resort


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig