11 March 2014

The Icehouse Wedding

Lovers of everything non-traditional and personalized, this stunning couple planned their wedding strictly to be remembered as ''creative". Inspired by simplicity and urban setting, the couple's families and friends describe the wedding as "perfect''.

As for us, our favorite moments to pinpoint would be the open air ceremony and the moment of the groom seeing his beautiful wife to-be for the first time. Dressed in all white and wearing the stunning special edition shoes by Jerome Rousseau, the bride looks so radiant next to the man of her dreams! 


From the bride: What everybody still tells us about our wedding day is that it was so “us.” From the urban setting and shuffleboard table at the reception (we met over a game of shuffleboard at a local sports bar) to each bridesmaid wearing a different color/style of dress and one of my best friend’s marrying us and including a reading from the TV show “Friends” in the ceremony - everything was very personalized, non-traditional and perfect!
The ceremony was in an open-air “cathedral room” with nothing but the blue sky and a chandelier above us, while the cocktail hour looked like an art gallery and the reception an empty warehouse turned romantic venue with gorgeous pink and purple flowers and soft lighting. While my dress and shoes (a special edition designed by Jerome Rousseau and shipped from Italy) were everything I dreamed of and more, what was most special was my multi-strand pearl necklace with vintage broach - made of one necklace from my Grandma, given to me before she passed away so she could be present at the wedding, one from Mom, one from my Aunt and one of my Great Grandmother’s that my Mom had kept. It’s hard to pinpoint one favorite moment...but I’d say the most memorable are seeing Dave waiting for me as I walked down the aisle with my Dad, the feeling that it was just the two of us in that room full of people as we exchanged vows, our first kiss as husband and wife; and our first dance to Norah Jones’ “Come Away with Me” - the first moment “alone” where it all sunk in; I married the man of my dreams.

Photographer: Stacy Kokes Photography // Second Shooter: Charity Maurer Photography // Event Planner: Christina Clark Event Planning & Design // Wedding Gown: Pronovias //  Bridesmaids Dresses: Ruche // Hair Stylist: All Done Up // Floral Designer: Flower Bar // Cinema and Video: Ryan Blake Films // Invitations: The Invitation Lady // Reception Venue: The Icehouse in Phoenix, Arizona // Submitted via Two Bright Lights


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig