04 June 2014

A Charleston Engagement Session by Nikki Santerre Photography

"The first time we met with Nikki to hire her as our photographer she asked about our proposal. As soon as we mentioned Charleston she loved the idea of doing our engagement photos down there because Charleston holds a special place in her heart too. We had a great time walking around exploring the hidden gems of the city while snapping pictures along the way! One of my favorite parts was coordinating and picking out all our outfits, a special thanks to my friend Heather of Sweet Tea Monograms for monogramming my shirt 5 minutes before out photo session! We can't wait to frame our pictures to commemorate this exciting time in our lives." -the couple


Their love story: We met in the summer of 2003 when we were both lifeguards at my subdivision pool. I was finishing up my freshman year of high school and he was a junior. After that wonderful first summer of working/hanging out at the pool and him giving me rides home from work, even though I could definitely walk home, we have been together ever since. We made it through him going off to college, me going off to college two years later, him moving to Florida for 4 years of grad school and me moving to the Midwest for an internship. I moved back to Virginia the summer after college graduation and he moved back 2 years later after graduating with his doctorate. After a long distance relationship for so many years we are finally together back in our hometown of Richmond and ready to settle down here after we get married in June. Over 10 years together and counting!

How he proposed: I have loved Charleston, SC since the first time I visited. It is such a charming and beautiful city. One of my best friends and bridesmaids had recently moved down to Charleston from Richmond so I could not wait to visit her. We spent a couple days in Charleston seeing the sights and spending time with two of our good friends/ now bridesmaids. One day we were on Sullivan's Island at the beach looking over the water at the Charleston skyline. Our friends excused themselves saying they needed to "use the restroom" which left just Justin and I lounging in beach chairs. He asked me if I needed another beer, I said I did not. He asked if I was sure and said he thought I needed a fresh one. I turned around as he was handing me a frosty Bud Light and found him on one knee with a koozie embroidered with "Will you marry me?" and my future monogram jAh. He had stuck the ring box inside the koozie, I was completely surprised! My friends were hiding behind some beach rocks taking pictures so we are lucky enough to have captured that moment forever. He could not have pulled off a better proposal, he made sure to incorporate my love for monograms, my obsession with collecting koozies, in my favorite city and right near Ft. Sumter because I am a huge War Between the States nerd. And to top it all off he made sure I was wearing Lilly Pulitzer for the special moment!

Photographer: Nikki Santerre Photography // Navy dress: Lilly Pulitzer // Monogram: Sweet Tea Monograms //  


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig