24 October 2011

Featured Couple: Khara & Shane | A San Juan Capistrano Engagement Session by Amber Wood Photography

Photographed by Amber Wood at the Ortega Equestrian Center, San Juan Capistrano, CA, is this beautiful engagement session that is just oozing with love. Their love story and proposal is absolutely lovely and brought tears to my eyes. I'm so excited to share their story with you!


By the bride, Khara:
"At 47 and 36 years of age, Shane and I were both pretty happy with our lives as single people. Both of us had been through failed relationships and were quite discouraged with the dating scene. We wanted to share our lives with the right person and were actively looking, but if it didn't happen, neither of us were going to lower our standards just to avoid being alone. Shane's Match.com membership was about to expire and I had about two months left on mine. We were matched up in early January, 2011. He called me a couple of times and our conversations on the phone were nice, but we didn't think much of them because we both knew that a phone conversation doesn't reveal much about a person. After a 2 or 3 phone conversations Shane asked if he could go to church with me and I said "sure!" Neither of us had any expectations leading up to our meeting and I really didn't expect much because I was kind of interested in someone I was introduced to a few months back."



"When I walked up to the church café, where we had agreed to meet that day, Shane stood up and smiled. I was totally caught off guard. There was something in his smile that captured me. He was wearing a pair of cowboy boots and a red Resistol shirt. There are very few men in Newport Beach that wear Resistol and cowboy boots. So he definitely had my attention at this point. We sat through a church service together, which was kind of unique for a first date, but we both were open to it. We went to lunch after church and sat and talked for about an hour and a half. Shane walked me to my car after lunch and asked me if he could take me to dinner sometime. Two nights later, we went out to dinner and its not exaggerating much to say we were inseparable from that point on.


Over the next month Shane and I talked at length about our goals, what we were looking for in life, and what we were looking for in someone to share that life with. On my end, I realized that Shane is a man who is very consistent, passionate about the things he cares for, is a man of his word, and most importantly he is a Godly man. These were some of the old fashioned values that I thought didn't exist anymore in men. Right before Valentine's day Shane asked me if I would officially consider myself his girlfriend. How cute right?"





"The next few months were full of fun adventures and lots of romance. We walked Balboa Island at least once a week and talked about everything we could think of, we took a small road trip to the Clovis Rodeo, he made me dinners when I got bogged down with homework, he took me to gem and mineral shows and taught me about the art form of lapidary, and I was showered with numerous pieces of jewelry that Shane made from his rock collection. The most priced piece of jewelry, however, came in late May."






"My birthday was coming up at the begging of June and I knew he would make it special because I knew without a doubt that he loved me so much. He tells me and shows me in every way he can think of! Needless to say, I was excited about my birthday! Shane reserved 4 nights with me to take me out, all leading up to my actual birthday night. On the 2nd date he reserved with me, on May 27th, as I waited for him to pick me up for our date, Shane texted me and asked me if I could come outside. He said he had a surprise for me. When I walked outside of my house, there was a horse and carriage waiting for me in the middle of our street in Irvine! Shane then came riding around the corner on another horse, hopped off in front of the carriage, and bent down onto one knee.... and asked me to marry him! He had the whole proposal captured by a videographer. He took me to Pelican Hill after the proposal and we ate and danced the night away."







"We are getting married on December 10th and I cannot wait for that day to come!! I am a realist in knowing that marriage is full of challenges, but we are so blessed to go through those challenges with each other."


Here is a video capturing Shane's proposal (you may want to grab a tissue) :):





We love comments! Would love to hear your thoughts on this shoot :)


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig