04 February 2013

Ranch Engagement Session by Two Bird Studio


From the couple: We had our engagement session shot by Two Bird Studio this past August at beautiful Wacky Nut Farm on Bainbridge Island. We incorporated my horse, Jethro and our two dogs, Chase and Rudder into the shoot because they are huge parts of our lives and will be part of our wedding as well! I styled the shoot myself, and had a blast finding the perfect dress and boots, and working with Fancy Flamingo and Serenity Crystal. EB and Jason of Two Bird Studio are not only amazing photographers, but also wonderful people who are a blast to be around. They made our time together fly by, and were so wonderful at directing us making us laugh, and helping us feel at ease in front of the camera.

Photo credit: Two Bird Studio


Their love story: Jeremy and I grew up as next door neighbors…literally. His grandparents lived one house up from the house my family moved into! My parents moved a couple streets down, but growing up we were randomly a part of each others lives, in middle school he dated my friend and he, his friend and the two of us spent the summer riding (the boys were on bikes, my friend and I on horses). In high school ran with two different crowds and didn't have much to do with each other. His mom married one of my high school best friends dads and he became her step-brother but still, we would only see each other randomly and weren't interested in each other. Fast forward a couple years (and a few broken hearts) later and we managed to reconnect while he was home from boot camp. When he left again we wrote to each other every day, when he got home we were inseparable, and the rest is history. We are both bleeding heart animal lovers, if I could take in every dog, cat, horse, or other animal that needed a loving home I would. Since that is not an option for us we often donate food, supplies, and sponsor adoptions fees for our local humane society and do everything we can to help find homes for animals. Although we will register at a few places, we plan on asking our wedding guests to make donations to either the ASPCA or to our local animals shelter instead of buying us wedding gifts, every little bit helps! I couldn't ask for a more supportive partner throughout this journey. Jeremy is always there, willing to help with whatever I need him to; I have recently started photographing dogs for local rescues and am in the process of starting a blog to help raise awareness about shelter animals and document our lives fostering different animals and helping them find their forever homes. Jeremy has spent hours outside in the freezing weather holding dogs, posing dogs, and doing just about everything under the sun to keep their attention and their ears up for me, he's always willing to help me go through and find the images that best show an animals personality, and has endured countless hours of "do you like this better...or this better?" He knows just how to help mend my big broken heart when I see or hear a tragic story of animal abuse, and always stops my tears after we have to say goodbye to one of our precious foster dogs. I am so excited to see what each day of the rest of our lives brings!



SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig