10 January 2012

Featured Couple: Madalyn & Steven | An Idaho engagement session by Sara K. Byrne Photography

Photographed by Sara K. Byrne Photography

From Madalyn: I grew up in Boise, Idaho. I played soccer growing up and soccer is what took me to college. I went to Sonoma State University in Northern California and this is where I met Steven. I was a Freshman on the Women's Soccer Team and Steven was a Junior on the Men's Soccer Team. We met in October and started dating at the beginning of November in 2005. Steven grew up in Georgia and moved to San DIego when he was thirteen. Steven's number one passion has always been soccer. I joke that it is still his girlfriend:) We both graduated college with Business degrees; his in Finance and mine in Marketing. After I graduated we decided to move from the Bay Area to San Diego. Steven currently works for DexCom as a Sales Assistant, selling a diabetic medical device. I am an Assistant Manager for lululemon Athletica, a yoga and running apparel company. Steven and I have a dog named Oari. We adopted him five years ago from a shelter in Northern California. He is a lab border collie mix. On the weekends we love to explore new hiking areas with Oari or take him on a run and to breakfast with us. Steven's hobby is still soccer. I have really enjoyed doing half marathons, pilates and hot yoga since I have worked for lululemon. On our days off together we pretty much love to be out in the beautiful weather of San Diego with our pup.
How did you two meet? 
We met at a soccer party. The Men's soccer team had just won a soccer game and were celebrating. We were a college couple from the beginning. Steven and I were able to spend everyday together the moment we started dating. The first week we started dating my best friend my freshman year said "You are going to marry him!" and I felt the same way from that moment forward.
How did he propose? 
Steven made an advent calendar for December of 2011. He made a special one for me for the last five days leading up to Christmas. Each evening I opened an envelope, which contained an old picture of us and a note. On Christmas morning the envelope contained a clue. Steven led me on a scavenger hunt throughout the house. The hunt ended with the Christmas tree. The ring was placed discreetly on the very top of the tree. I was looking for a box but it was all alone. It took me forever to find and when I found it I sat with my jaw hanging open for a few moments before saying yes. Steven and I have had a long engagement, making the process very un-stressful. We will be getting married in Boise, Idaho next May, surrounded by family and lots of friends!

Love what you see? 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great job on this Sara! It's definitely a great look. Loving the sun flare shots!

    ReplyDelete

© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig