15 February 2012

Dustin + Katie | Alabama Surprise Proposal by Joanna Ballentine

Joanna Ballentine brings us this ah-mazing surprise proposal shoot from sweet Alabama. I can't get over how gorgeous these photos are. Thanks for sharing them with me, Joanna!

The proposal from Katie's perspective: Well, I am in LOVE with pictures! I post hundreds every month, and I always have my camera with me. So it is so perfect that the whole proposal was captured on camera. Joanna, a friend and amazing photographer, messaged me on facebook a couple of weeks prior to the proposal and asked if I would be interested in helping her out with an editorial styled shoot so that she can use it on her blog and such. I will never turn down a chance to take pictures so I said yes! Joanna is a stylist so she takes care of everything- wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc;. She is always taking these types of pictures so it was not out of the ordinary for her to do something like this. The day of the shoot arrived (December 26th, 2011) and I drove to the salon where she told me to meet her! She did my hair and makeup and explained to me what we would be doing, and I had no idea that this was a set up :) Later, she took me to a beautiful spot (sort of in the woods) behind the salon where we were going to do the shoot. Everything was going as a normal shoot would until we went a little further back into the woods. Joanna told me to look forwards as she moved behind me to "take pictures of the back of my hair." I remember thinking, "wow, she is taking a LOT of pictures of the back of my hair- but I guess she needs them." She walked behind some trees and told me to come where she was because she like that particular spot. I turned around and began to make my way through a few trees and random bushes- while avoided a huge spot filled with water from previous rain. When I looked up I saw my sweet Dustin standing in an open spot holding a red rose! With a HUGE smile I walked over to Dustin and he just laughed. I was NOT expecting a proposal that day! He talked to me for a couple of minutes- he told me how much he loved me and how God has truly been with us so far and continues to bless us. He told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.... and then he took a knee :) My first words were, "I'm going to throw up on you." He said, "oh my gosh please don't!" hhaha . "Katie, I love you so much. Will you marry me?" "YES!!!" He gave me the most beautiful pear shaped diamond ring and we hugged for what felt like 10 minutes, but it was probably one. The proposal was followed by a sweet engagement shoot with Joanna- the pictures were PERFECT and I have looked at them about 75 times. Having a live proposal on camera is by far the most amazing way Dustin could have ever proposed! I will always be able to remember the emotion and sincerity of his heart on that day. Absolutely perfect. I thank GOD for him daily!

Dustin was hiding not too far away from where Katie was having photos taken of her...
The sweetest thing... Dustin lead them in prayer...

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig