24 July 2012

Anniversary Shoot by Megan Christine Photography {part one}

I just adore Megan Christine and all the gorgeous-ness she creates. So when I saw this two-part anniversary shoot she did for fellow photographer, Kina Wicks and her husband, I just knew I had to have it on LM. Truly stunning images.. loooove! Thank you Megan for sharing this shoot with me!

Readers, stay tuned for tomorrow's second half of this shoot! It's pretty darn amazing :)
From Kina: "Let me begin by saying this session was SO important to my husband Jonathan and I, and Megan went above and beyond capturing my vision and making it reality. I told her I could just kiss her when I received my photos back! I am also a professional wedding photographer, and my journey began because of a less than satisfactory experience with my own wedding photos. Because of that experience I decided I wanted to devote my career to making other brides' dreams come true... but I always knew I wanted a do-over... same guy, same dress, different photos! On a more sentimental level, I actually think celebrating your wedding gets more special with every year you experience in this amazing thing called marriage, so getting back in your wedding day finery can mean just that much more. With our two year anniversary coming up I was hoping to find someone in my area to take some film photos of us (I'm in love with that specific filmy look), and coming up with nothing! You can imagine my excitement when I saw that Megan was located in Lincoln, Nebraska and we would be there for a family event in May right around our anniversary anyway!

To plan for the session, we pulled our wedding clothes out and I added a few fun accessories to stylize it a bit. I worked with an amazing makeup artist (Gretcheliz Artistry) and hair stylist (Vanessa from Headlines Hair Design) to create the look I was envisioning. Let me just say to all your brides out there who are thinking of DIYing it on hair and makeup.... DON'T!! On my wedding day I DIY'ed my hair... and it fell flat...ha After being on both sides of the camera, I can truly say when my clients and I leave it to the professionals to do their job, the result is AMAZING. Other than wedding photos, I really wanted some fun "normal" photos of us as well. I got outfit inspiration from the Design Aglow style guide I give my own clients and added my own spin on it with a Kate Spade hat that I just knew I had to have. I think it's truly important to think of every little detail and imagine the whole picture come together if you're going to take the time to get photos done. I wanted everything to be cohesive and express who Jonathan and I truly are:)

Lastly, none of my vision could have been realized without the amazing Megan Pomeroy. She listened to what I was going for, took painstaking care in picking locations and lighting and gave us a product that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! Thank you Megan!!"


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig