19 July 2012

North Topsail Island, North Carolina Wedding by Ashley Goodwin Photography

Oh, sweet heavens.. this wedding is beyond all sweet things in the world. Photographed by the uber talented Ashley Goodwin, this wedding boasts a sweet and soft color palette, a stunning wedding gown, and a ceremony right on a North Carolina beach. Be inspired- I definitely am.


A couple who crushed on each other throughout high school reconnects years later. A handsome set of twin boys, and a proposal with a gorgeous Ippolita engagement ring, they have an laid-back glam wedding on Topsail Beach, NC. Emilee's vision of the wedding day: I wanted the whole feel of the wedding to be as though it just kinda "happened", but with an elegant touch. Nothing too overdone. I knew immediately I wanted a spring wedding with golds and shades of blush, we knew it had to be at the beach. Im not a matchy matchy kind of girl. I have a lot of hippie in my veins. I didn't set out for a lace dress at all, I wanted flowy chiffon with a little hippie twist. Then I found it I put it on and felt amazing. From there my ideas just grew. I'd close my eyes and picture it. Everyone nice and neutral, blending with the sand, and a little mix and match glamor (jewelry for my girls). So calm and serene. When it came time to pick chargers and such, my mom being so thrift, had the idea of using things we already had. She has quite the collection of dinnerware and chargers so keeping with the non matchy matchy thing it worked out great. The dinnerware was a mix of rented and moms. One set were a gift to my grandparents from my dad that he brought back from Japan when he was in the Air Force. Overall I wanted the feel to be soft, pretty, garden-y, laid back, and ROMANTIC. Just how I see our relationship. Her thoughts about the day: For me, it was all about having our dearest friends and family there and enjoying their company. I think to look back in 20 years, small things like not having just the right sign in just the right place will be forgotten but that time spent with loved ones will never leave my heart. I would only recommend for brides to sit back and enjoy it. Also to remember in the middle of all the chaos, the real meaning of what is happening. [from Ashley]
From the bride: I wanted the whole feel of the wedding to be as though it just kinda happened. But with an elegant touch. Nothing too overdone but still wedding-y.  I knew immediately I wanted a spring wedding. I knew I had to use golds and shades of blush.  And we knew it had to be at the beach.  With the help of my mom, who has an amazing eye for design, the planning started. I knew I had a vision but hadn't pinpointed all the exact details.  Through our usual outings to TJMAXX and HomeGoods we got the idea for a mix of lanterns as the centerpieces(which apparently is really popular right now. :-/). Im not a matchy matchy kind of girl. I have a lot of hippie in my veins. So for months, when I found a lantern I liked and it was affordable(key) I got it. I did this for MONTHS!  Almost an obsession. At this point I found my dress. I didn't set out for a lace dress at all. I wanted flowy chiffon with a little hippie twist. Then I found it(the lace number) I put it on and felt amazing. Done. There's my look. Lace, lanterns, then candles and flowers became obvious. I love flowers. Like LOVE. So much so, I would become a florist. Really.  From there my ideas just grew. I'd close my eyes and picture it. Everyone nice and neutral, blending with the sand, and a little mix and match glamor(jewelry for my girls).  Ahhh...so calm and serene.  I guess that's what look I ultimately wanted to come across.  When it ame time to pick chargers and such, my mom being so thrift, had the idea of using things we already had. She has quite the collection of dinnerware and chargers so keeping with the non matchy matchy thing it worked out great. The dinnerware was a mix of rented and moms. One set(the ones with the roses on them) were a gift to my grandparents from my dad that he brought back from Japan when he was in the Air Force.  After all that was decided, the use of white damask tablecloths and real silver seemed a must.  Ok. I'm probably babbling here.  Overall I wanted the feel to be soft, pretty, garden-y, laid back, and ROMANTIC.  Just how I see our relationship.  Silly?!


Vendors:
Photography: Ashley Goodwin
Venue: Ocean Front home on North Topsail Island
Coordinator: The Three Divas
Wedding Dress: Allure Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses: Bill Levkoff
Invitations: Loft Life Press
Florist: The Three Divas

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig