16 May 2013

Stone Mountain Engagement Session by Lynessy Catron

Photography by Lynessy Catron

From the couple: Our engagement session was with my dear friend, sorority sister, and college roommate Lynnesy Catron. By having a photographer that we know so well, our engagement shoot and pictures were even more meaningful. For our location, we spent the afternoon hiking around Stone Mountain,GA with Lynnesy and her wonderful assistant and husband, Robert. We had such a great time! Lynnesy is an incredibly talented photographer and such a beautiful friend on the inside and out. 

Photography: Lynessy Catron


Their love story: Mark and I met in January of 2012 when we were set up on a blind date by a mutual friend. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything to come of it, but I thought I'd go just for fun. After dropping me off at my car and hurrying into his apartment, I knew that was the last I'd ever hear from him. However, little did I know that he was really just nervous and actually ran into the house to call his mom to let her know how well the date had went. Needless to say, I heard from him the following morning and we spent the beginning of 2012 getting to know each other better, traveling, and enjoying all the fun and exciting things new love brings. After several months of dating, we both knew that our relationship was something unique . We truly feel that we've found the person God intended for us and we've grow into better and stronger individuals by being together!

The proposal: While the idea of marriage was brought up about 6 months into our relationship, I didn't think it would actually happen for quite some time. However, one weekend in October Mark mentioned that our friend Phil was going to have a group of people up to his lake house to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Friday evening, I sat and waited patiently for Mark to pick me up. Once he arrived, we packed up our things and left. I had no idea of the surprises Mark had planned. In fact, he acted completely calm and collected. After an hour or so on the road, we pulled up to the lake house and as Mark opened the door I saw the room filled with hundreds of candles and flowers. It was truly magical! It took me a second to realize what was going on and that it wasn’t going to be a weekend on the lake with our friends. After a short conversation, Mark got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was beyond surprised! After a romantic dinner and a relaxing weekend, we returned home to celebrate with our families and friends. It was such a special weekend and will always be one of my most cherished memories. 

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig