02 August 2013

Agnes Water, Australia Wedding by Marina Locke Photography


About their wedding: Our wedding was beautiful. Agnes waters and 1770 is so amazing and my family has spent many weekends together there in the past surfing, swimming, eating and drinking. Joel and I met in Rockhampton and Joel has joined myself and my family in Agnes many times. We feel at home in Agnes. Like most couples he let me make most of the decisions about the wedding but he did love the choice of venue. We both enjoyed spending the morning of the wedding getting ready with our bridal parties in our luxury holiday houses. I was getting hair and make up done with a glass of Moscato in my hand and Joel was having a scotch and washing the cars with the boys. Saving the getting ready part until the last minute :) Our hairdresser and photographer were both local ladies. They were so friendly and welcoming and did a fantastic job. It sounds corny but it really was a lovely day. The weather was just perfect and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves both at the ceremony and at the reception. We wrote our own vows and they were special to us with a few little jokes sprinkled in there to make it a little light and fresh. The truly mushy stuff we say to each other in private and not in front of an audience of our friends and family but I'm sure they still felt the love. The dance floor was moving the whole night until pack up time and we really felt loved and lucky to be surrounded by friends and family who know how to have a good time! People approached us all night telling us how much fun they were having and we go the same comments the next day as we said goodbye to guests that had travelled to be there. I was inspired by a wedding I saw on a blog firstly and then went to Dusk, Etsy and Ebay to source some bits and pieces for the centre pieces and favours. It was called 'shabby chic. It was relaxed and pretty but still elegant. The decorator just needed to set up the basics for me like table cloths, runners and chair sashes. My florist was very reasonably priced and we bought some extra bags of petals to spread down the isle and across each table. I chose for the girls to carry a little fan that matched their dresses and instead of a bouquet they had a wrist band which I thought looked really good and I was very close to buying one of the bridesmaid dresses myself. They were from a local boutique and not a bridal shop.


VENDORS (Australian based): Photography: Marina Locke Photography // Ceremony Venue: Air Sea Rescue Park 1770 // Reception Venue: Agnes Waters Community Hall // Wedding Dress: Pronovias (Style: Barbate) // Bridesmaids Dresses: Shilla // Suits: F2 Flair Industries purchased through Swarv Menswear // Florist: Lakescreek Florist 


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig