03 February 2014

Sag Harbor and Hamptons Engagement Session

Every love story is different and so are proposals. Proposals are meaningful and are based on things we love most, things that remind of our beginnings. This sweet couple went through long-distance relationship and was able to preserve their love and make it blossom. When reminiscing about their love story and how brave they had to be to make it last, they are now cuddling on a pier sipping hot chocolate, or simply eating marshmallow by a bonfire. There's so much tenderness and sweetness in those photographs captured by the talented Liz and Ryan!


Their love story: Our love story began at a mutual friend’s party in Hoboken, NJ. While we both attended Bucknell University and had many friends in common, we never had the opportunity to meet one another until that night—years after we both had graduated. Sparks flew, we instantly connected, and the rest was history! The best thing about our relationship is that we always have so much fun together, no matter what we’re doing. We spent a year in a long distance relationship while I was in graduate school in Rhode Island. While it was challenging, being apart made our relationship that much stronger.

How he proposed: We had plans to visit Scott’s family outside of San Francisco for his dad’s 60th birthday, and decided to spend a few days in Napa beforehand since I had never been. On our first day in Napa, Scott suggested that we check out a vineyard that his dad’s friend recommended, and so we headed there in the morning. When we got to the vineyard, we were greeted by a tour guide who gave us a private tour of the vineyard and the gorgeous property. After the tour, there was a picnic set up under an oak tree with wine glasses for tasting and delicious cheese plates. As we were sitting, the tour guide said that he forgot one of the bottles for tasting. All the while, I was thinking how lovely this was, but didn’t expect a thing! Scott then got down on one knee and popped the question. I was speechless at first because I was so surprised, but then of course I said YES!
Throughout the rest of the day we spent some time calling family and friends. My mom sounded a little rushed on the phone, but I didn’t think anything of it. She explained that my dad was in a business meeting and that he would call me when he was out. I still hadn’t heard from my dad as we were leaving for our dinner reservation that night, and I was starting to feel sad and worried about it. That all changed as we walked into the restaurant because I was greeted by the best and biggest surprise of my life—my parents and Scott’s parents sitting together at the dinner table! My parents had been flying from Pennsylvania all day to surprise me, and I had absolutely no idea. Everything about the day was so special; it is one that I will never, ever forget.

Photographer: Liz and Ryan

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig