15 December 2011

A Fresno, California Wedding by Kimberly Carlson Photography


My wedding day was everything I had imagined and more.  All the months of planning and hard work came together beautifully.  It was nice walk through the room with my husband and show him the final results of everything I had been working on.

I am so excited to be married to my amazing husband and best friend.  All the months of planning and it was all over in the blink of an eye.  Everything went by so fast it all seems like a blur.  My Matron of Honor gave me a little piece of advice that helped me and I would like to pass along to other brides.  The evening passes by so fast, try to set aside a few minutes alone with your new husband to soak everything in and just be alone with each other.  Also, do not stress about the little things, everything will work out in the end :)

This last bit of advice hits home for us.  It turned out that the date on all our programs were wrong... It said October 11th instead of October 8th, lol.  We even proof read it before we printed all of them but were so worried about the spelling inside that we overlooked the date.  During the reception someone pointed this out to us.  Normally I would have been devastated that something like that could have happened, but I just laughed it off.  I was just so excited to finally be married and to be surrounded by friends and family that a small detail like that was so minor in comparison. 
  

Describe the first look 
Bride: I was excited and overcome with happiness. My groom looked so handsome in his tux. I was so thankful to have such a wonderful man standing in front of me to spend the rest of my life with. 
Groom: I was overwhelmed with joy and happiness. I couldn't believe that the day had finally come and my bride looked so beautiful. She looked like a perfect little doll in her wedding dress.
In Japanese culture there is a tradition of folding 1,001 gold cranes for your wedding to bring good luck, prosperity, and happiness to your marriage. I (Bride) started folding cranes and with the help of my mom, we finished the 1,001 cranes. My parents wanted to do something special for us and arranged the cranes in a shadow box frame. My dad designed the outline for the vase and helped my mom arrange the cranes. This is something we will always have hanging in our home.






What were your favorite wedding day moments? 
We enjoyed hearing the toasts from all our friends and fathers. It was great to hear stories from our past and good wishes for the future. All the toasts were very meaningful and unique to our relationships with each person. They brought laughter, tears of joy, and love. I (Bride) enjoyed seeing all my relatives and friends from out of town that we don't see very often. I loved talking with them and introducing my new husband. Chris really enjoyed meeting all of my relatives, I have a large family and most of the out of town relatives he has not gotten a chance to meet before the wedding. One of my favorite moments was right after the pastor pronounced us husband and wife. As we walked back down the isle all of our family and friends were there to support us. When we got into the back room Chris picked me up, spun me around, and gave me a huge kiss. We were overcome with happiness! Then all of our close family members started coming in the room and congratulating us. There was so much love and joy in the room. It was one of my favorite moments of the night.
We incorporated many DIY things in our wedding that made the day even more special for us. We gave each table a unique table name. We met through our college Snowboard Club and have been to many resorts together. The groom made all the table names after resorts that we have been to together and ones that we plan on visiting in the future. We made all the pomander balls that hung from the chairs down the isle and the one for the flower girl. We incorporated the gold cranes on all the place cards with a stamp I found on Etsy and an embosser. My dad made us the "Mr" and "Mrs" blocks that we now have displayed in our home.
Advice for couples 

Don't stress about the small things. Everything will fall into place and work out in the end. If something ends up going wrong or not the way you planned, it's okay. Just have fun with the planning, this day only comes once.


Vendors:
Venue - The Grand 1401
Caterer - Fernando Flores / La Ryan Catering
Florist - Amy DeGraw / Brown Bunny Flowers
Cake - Barb's Cakery
Hair - Maryssa / Salon Breyon
Wedding Dress - Premier Bride Perfect Dress
Bridesmaids Dresses - Premier Bride Perfect Dress
Groom & Groomsmen suits - Premier Bride Tux Shop





SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig