17 July 2012

San Diego Engagement Session by Bethany Carlson Photography

This San Diego engagement session by Bethany Carlson Photography is just too cute for words. And the couple's love story? Just adorable! Thanks Bethany for sharing this shoot with my readers and I!

Their love story:
We met through my girlfriend and his best friend who were dating each other. We noticed each other right from the start but neither of us were in a position to be in a serious relationship yet. The following year our friendship unexpectedly blossomed and grew into something wonderful. Michael ended up asking me to go with him to his work Christmas party at the House of Blues in San Diego. We got all dressed up for a nice night out and had a magical time together chatting and listening to great music as we got to know each other. We took our first photo booth picture there at that party and we have kept the tradition going by making sure that every year we take a new picture in a photo booth! Neither of us were sure what this meant for our relationship or whether or not this night was considered a date. All we cared about was being together and having fun. The next time we went out was New Years. Michael took me to the Irvine Spectrum where we saw a comedy show at the Improv and then celebrated the New Years with champagne and a midnight kiss. Since this night we have been head over heals for one another and have been dating for almost three years. We are super excited for our wedding in December because it means we will get to spend the rest of our lives together, not many people can say they get to marry their best friend!

The proposal:
From the start of our relationship we have always enjoyed running together on the beach in the morning sun. But with the start of new jobs and a busier life, we found it hard to find time for runs on the beach as often. So on the Friday night before Easter, Michael told me to have my running clothes on in the morning and be ready to go for a run on the beach. So Saturday morning I was ready to go on our run. When we got down to the beach I was pumped up and ready for a great workout! But for some reason Michael didn't want to run anymore, he just wanted to walk and hold my hand as we watched the ocean and talked about our relationship. I knew he already had a ring but I was totally taken off guard when he stopped me in the middle of the sand and got down on one knee. He told me how much I meant to him and how much he loves me and held out the beautiful red box, opened it, and asked me to be his wife. I had no hesitations whatsoever and immediately said yes! And after, we enjoyed a beautiful day at the beach together.

What he loves about her:
There are many things that I love about Brynn. The two most important things that I love about Brynn is that she's my one and only true love and my very best friend. She is beautiful to me in every way. I know this sounds cliché but when we are together she makes me the happiest man in the world. Thats I how I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I love when she laughs at my jokes, and is supportive with the decisions I make. I've known since we first started dating that she will be an amazing mother to our children. Oh and I love, love, love her cooking. She is hands down the BEST cook.

What she loves about him:
There is so much about Michael that I am in love with. First of all, he is the most handsome guy I have ever seen....he's got these beautiful blue eyes that make me melt and handsome dark brown hair. I love how I can be free to be myself around him and he accepts me for who I am. He is someone I can be silly and have fun with. The thing I love most about Michael is how he really values his family. The closeness I see between him and his family and his love for them shows me what is truly important to him.

About their engagement session:
Our engagement session was such a blast! We felt so lucky to have Bethany Carlson photograph our session. She is so talented and her work is so original. She made the whole experience amazing. She made us feel so comfortable and we were able to be who we really are in our pictures. We were able to get Michaels 1926 Ford Model T which he inherited from his grandfather into the shoot which was the best part! As the shoot came to an end at the beach during sunset, Bethany had us both lay down in the water together for a magical make out sesh.

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig