15 August 2012

Wilson Creek Winery & Vineyard Wedding by Kristen Booth

Kristen Booth is such a talented wedding photographer. She always does such a wonderful job with every wedding she photographs. I love this Southern California wedding that she photographed at the Wilson Creek Winery & Vineyard. Thanks Kristen for sharing this fairytale wedding with me!

From Kristen: Everything about Kimberly and Daniel's relationship has been a fairytale! Daniel proposed to Kimberly on a horse drawn carriage by holding out a ring and saying "It's a love story, baby just say yes". Their song is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and Kimberly loves everything about fairytales. For their wedding, she went with a sweet vintage, fairytale theme. She created alot of the DIY elements herself and everything truly looked like it was out of a storybook!

From the bride: Our wedding day was a dream come true, a fairy tale, all stemming back to the day that Daniel proposed. I am completely fascinated and obsessed with fairytales and happily ever afters. So fittingly, Daniel took me to a castle in Victoria, B.C., Canada, and proposed to me on a horse drawn carriage ride. He took the ring out of his pocket, looked up at me, and in the words of my favorite Taylor Swift song, said “It’s a love story, baby just say yes.” So of course I said yes, and we decided to have a fairytale inspired wedding at Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula. The ceremony was outside on a stage with the vineyards in the background. And the reception was in the barrel room. Our colors were royal blue, sage green, and peachy/pink. The bridesmaids wore long royal blue strapless dresses with gorgeous broaches in the middle. The groomsmen and groom wore all black with royal blue vests. All of our bouquets looked enchanted, they were so beautiful. The pinks, greens, blues were so soft and alluring, wrapped in sage green satin and burlap. I also had a special etsy bouquet made that I used in some pictures. The aisle to the stage was lined with cute hooks and mason jars, with flowers inside them. The stage had two gorgeous bouquets on barrels on each side. Above Daniel and I was a unique one of a kind green flower chandelier that my grandma gave me. Crystal curtains hung on both sides of the chandelier. Another barrel on the stage held our rose engraved sand ceremony items. Another barrel held our ring box that my dad crafted. It opened up and had a large mirror inside, so when the ring bear carried it down the aisle, all the guests could see the rings through the mirror. I made the flower girl basket, with lace, ribbon wrap, and some flowers. Outside, there also was a lemonade stand for guests to quench their thirst. There was a specially designed guest book, a quilt table with quilt squares cut out for each guest to write a well wish or note to the bride and groom for the wedding quilt. Inside the cocktail room, in front of the barrel room, was our cute seating chart for the tables that my mom and I made out of a large easel with hand crafted wedding rings made out of embroidery hoops, rhinestones, lace, and paper. There were two embroidery lace, pearl, and ribbon chandeliers that we also made to frame the doorway to the barrel room. On one side of the cocktail room, was the candy table that we decorated with vintage style décor, glass, lace, burlap, frames, ribbons, and a fairytale sign. On the other side of the room was the gift table, that we decorated with frames, burlap, lace, vintage, and fairytale inspired knickknacks. Tables in that room were individually decorated with vases, baby's breath, picture frames, floating candles, mason jars and candles that we individually wrapped with ribbons, lace, and jewels. Most of my décor items were DIY. =) Inside of the barrel room, were the guests tables, each named with fairytale inspiration on embroidery hook wedding rings that we made. Each table had ivory tables cloths. We put a burlap runner with lace on top of each table. Each table was decorated with unique items such as vases, picture frames, bird cages, baby's breath, floating candles, individually decorated ribbon sparkly mason jars, colored sand, books, mirrors. Each plate had gold plate holder, with royal blue napkins, and a pale peach single rose. I wore a Maggie Sottero dress, that was so couture and beautiful. It had a rose design on the side hip, and the skirt opened up at the bottom, revealing Swarovski crystals. I wore sparkly strapped silver shoes for the ceremony. And I put “I DO” rhinestones on the bottom of shoes. After the ceremony, I changed into my cowgirl boots. And I wrote “DANNY” on the bottom of my boot. That was one of my favorite things because it was a symbol of me belonging to Danny (kind of like Andy on Toy Story =)) I also had a few signs made that I ordered from etsy that were fairytale inspired that we placed around the cocktail room. We took a picture in the vineyard with a cute sign that said “FairyTales Do Come True”. One of my favorite moments was walking down the aisle with my dad. It was touching. I walked down to the song “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri. I will never forget the smile and love on Daniel’s face as I stared right back at him. Another moment I loved was our first dance. We danced to I Cant Wait” by Runner Runner. Danny sang the song to me as we danced and it was so cute. I also loved our cake cutting moment. Danny and I smashed cake in each others faces twice! Then Danny called it a truce. =) During the garter toss, we played the Mission Impossible theme song. Danny went under my dress and before he grabbed the garter, he pulled all sorts of things out from under my dress…a rubber chicken, a toy gun, some boxers, and handcuffs. It was funny. Another one of my favorite moments was my Father Daughter First Look. After I was all ready, I came out onto the balcony and my dad walked up the stairs and saw me for the first time. We were in tears and it was a very touching, heartfelt moment for the both of us. Daniel and I also had our First Look after that. Daniel was excited and nervous. =) He kissed my hand and spun me in a circle as he admired me and my dress. One moment that turned from something sad to something perfect was when I realized that out of all the things I packed up for my day, I forgot a ring that I had purchased that matched my dress to wear on my right hand (not my wedding ring). I asked all my bridesmaids and friends to see if I could borrow something of theirs, but nothing was quite the right fit until my grandma came. My grandpa passed away this past February, and it meant so much to me that she let me wear her beautiful gold sparkly heart wedding ring that day. They had been married over 50 years, and being able to wear that ring on my special day meant the world to me. What I loved most about our wedding was the fact that we made it Ours. Everything turned out more beautiful than we had imagined right out of an enchanted fairytale. It was the perfect size so that we were able to greet and spend time with the people we love most. I loved being able to surprise Daniel when we were taking pictures in the vineyard by telling him that I had engraved the inside of his ring. It was so much fun at the end when Danny and I ran under an arch of heart shaped gold sparklers that everyone held up for us before we left. I loved every minute of it and I loved that when I was all done and over with that I was finally a Mrs. Guy. =)

VENDORS:
Photographer:
Hair Stylist:
 The Posh Parlour
Floral Designer:
Reception Venue:
Dress Store:

Dress Designer:
Cake Designer:
DJ:
Makeup Artist:


SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig