22 July 2014

Coastal Georgia Beach Engagement Session

Their love story: Walter and I first met in college through a mutual friend, and immediately clicked. We became close friends until I moved, and we lost touch for a few months. When I came back to visit, he asked me out for dinner... as more than friends. I remember spending hours trying to pick out my outfit and wondering exactly how the evening would go. Walter is fond of saying that it was the most amazing first date, and I would have to agree! We sat and talked for hours, and when the time came to go our separate ways, I knew that I had found the one. Within a month, we were "official", and even though we have spent the last two years of our relationship long distance, we have grown closer and stronger than I could have ever dreamed.


How he proposed: Walter proposed to me on December 16, 2013. I currently live in Florida, while Walter is finishing up his degree in Georgia, so we take turns visiting each other as often as we can. You can imagine my shock when I came home from work and found Walter standing in my dining room! It was absolutely beautiful, complete with roses, a lit up Christmas tree, and home-made dinner. I was so excited to see him, I could barely eat, although Walter kept insisting that I finish my meal. While I was picking at my food, I noticed that I didn't recognize the plate, and there was something written on it. I pushed the food over, and saw "Will you marry me?" painted on the bottom. When I looked up at Walter, he was on one knee with his family's heirloom ring in his hand. He asked, and I said, "Of course!!"

About their engagement session: I couldn't imagine having a better photographer than Tara Peddicord. She made Walter and I feel completely at ease, and kept us laughing the entire morning. Tara puts so much love into her photography, and was so helpful with making us look comfortable. Walter and I are beach-junkies, so it was an obvious choice to have our engagement session on Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island. Once we left the beach, we went on an adventure around the island, where we stumbled upon the historic district, full of 1920's "cottages". I can not say enough about Tara, and her easygoing manner. She truly is an amazing photographer to work with.
Photographer: Tara Peddicord

SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig