11 March 2013

San Juan Capistrano Mission Engagement Session by Brett Hickman Photographers


"Our engagement session took place in San Juan Capistrano at the mission. We also went to a flower field around the corner. Alvin and I had a blast working with Brett. He is so creative, has a great vision for his clients, and gives direction. Brett was also really funny and easy to relate to. The end result is more than Alvin and I could ever ask for. We are so excited to continue working with Brett and have him photograph our wedding. :)" -Bride



Their love story: I was new to Los Angeles and didn't know many people, when a co-worker asked if I wanted to go get drinks one night. She mentioned a friend of hers (Alvin) would be there as well. Not thinking anything of the situation, the three of us went out for drinks and had a great time. The night ended and we all said our goodbyes, but I couldn't stop thinking about him. We had one of those nights where you laugh so hard your stomach hurts. Excited that he asked me for my number, I decided to text him and let him know I enjoyed meeting him. The next day we already had our second date lined up. I never thought I would get so lucky...

The proposal: Alvin and I had been talking about getting married for a while, and I was ready for him to pop the question! Not knowing that he had a plan and was waiting for a specific date, I kept asking him why it hadn't happened yet, and grew quite annoyed...ops! :) It was Monday night, July 30th, and my family was at Alisal ranch (Alvin wasn't there as we were not engaged, so he was not "allowed"). Family was gathered around the ranch bar for a tottie before dinner, when my dad asked me to get his FAVORITE cookies that he left in the cabin. Without hesitation I quickly walked back to the cabin to fetch the cookies. As I opened the door I saw candles shaped in a giant heart surrounded by rose petals. Shocked, I stood in the entryway for a few minutes unsure of what to do and in disbelief at what was happening. Alvin approached me, said a bunch of really nice things to me that I don't remember, and got down on one knee and popped the question!



SHARE:
© Le Magnifique Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig